Tree Poem Note Card

Hi, Today I am bringing another you a tutorial with Stampendous.  I am going to use CRR164 Tree Poem and Adirondac Alcohol Inks to make your background paper.

The Tree Poem stamp was was designed by Lisa Hensley who also wrote the poem and it is lovely.  The stamp is great for a little note card like I've done today or a beautiful tag or better yet mix media.

With today's project it is quick and easy taking about 30 minutes.


This is a simple clean note card with a finished inside as well. The background is done with Ranger alcohol inks on glossy cardstock and that's about it.  The stamp is so lovely I didn't want to add anything else to it.

You will need a blending tool with pad. You can see it in the the photo.  I prefer to use Kryon 18K Gold Leafing Pen vs. the metallic mixatives from the ink collection.  I get my pen from JoAnn's.
The inks are found everywhere.  The colors i used for this project are. Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow, Stream, Bottle and Slate is in the photo but I didn't use it.  I always have slate out incase I want to tone the colors down or deepen them.  It is a must have color.

I worked one color at a time with this project going from top to bottom overlapping just a bit as you can see.  You want to change your pads with each color :( sorry...keep your colors true on this project.  Now that the first coat is done we are ready to move to the 2nd coat.  This coat you will have to move fast when applying...

Get your yellow ready on your tool and pad.  With the Gold pen dot a couple of place far apart with the gold pen.  Only a couple.   Now quickly work the yellow ink.  See how the gold leaf pen reacts with the alcohol ink.  pretty cool huh.  It makes it look like marble.  Especially when you get into the darker colors.  Repeat this process for all the colors.

Apply a third coat if you want to deepen your colors the gold pen will still react.  I did a third coat.  

When you are happy let it dry.  You can heat set it if you like.


Now we are going to emboss our image.  But we have to make sure it is really dry.   It can take a little bit because of the leafing pen.  I heat set mine and let set for a while or let it set over night just to be safe.  

I used Clear Bark.  You do want to use a fine detailed powder because of the words on this image and all the fine details.  

Using Toffee Crunch ink by Memento Stamp only the leaves.  I used kraft paper.  


cut to fit inside of card for note.
finish with a little twine or ribbon.

I hope you enjoyed todays little tutorial on the Tree Poem.  I would love to read your thoughts and comments.  Would love it even more if you became a new follower of my blog!  Enjoy and happy crafting!!!  - Rhea

Here is a list of Products




Comments

Penny said…
Fabulous CAS card, Rhea! Love the colors you chose, love the tree, love the twine, and I love the poem! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Barb Turpin said…
Oooh, I want to make a card that looks like this...it is gorgeous!
Gorgeous card Rhea, fantastic background!