Song Birds


Hi Rhea here again bringing another Stampendous creation.  I've combined Steampunk and Shabby Chic to create another 4x6 framed art.  


Let's start with the picture shall we...I used Archivers Black ink because it's a little wetter and shows off more of the stamps details.

1.  Stamp P136 Blossom Spray here and there along the edged of your 4x6 paper.  Make sure to change direction of the stamp each time.
2.  Stamp CRV237 Lone bird in the bottom corner.  
3.  Using Versa Mark and CRV Vintage Birdcage stamp and emboss this image with Pirate Gold
4.  Now for the coloring!  I used distress inks to "Chalk" the picture.  Use and chalking applicator...I like the ones at JoAnn's that look like eye shadow applicators because they are a soft dense foam.  coat your applicator with ink and rube most of the ink off on a scrap paper.  Now, go to the image and put just a little color.  I also use the new Ranger Coloring Nibs for the details and shading.  This technique takes practice but is fun and easy once you get the hang of it.  However, your pencils or markers would also be nice.
5.  Finally I took an ink blending tool and rubbed vintage photo all over the image to "tone it down".
6. Stamp the Sentiment - M283 Serenade .  Emboss the edges with Aged Rose and Aged Gold.
7.  Embellish with all your favorite doodads a little ribbon and you are done.

Now, time to do a little shopping
Pirate Gold
Inkssentials Craft Nibs - I call them coloring nibs :)


Comments

Penny said…
So pretty, Rhea! And I love the little embellishments you added! :^)
Hugs,
Penny
Oh my goodness Rhea, your frame is just stunning! The stamping is beautiful, the colours, embellies, flowers... the sparkle! Truly outstanding hun! Ps. Hope you are feeling better! xx